Jon Barron’s product, EVER YOUNG, was popular for many reasons. If you read his article included in last week’s post, “End of Old Age”, you know that his product could get rid of amyloid plaques in the brain that are a cause of Alzheimer’s. He sold “Ever Young” online through Baseline Nutritionals dot org. Sadly, he and his partner thought twenty years was long enough and they quit making those products. But that doesn’t mean you can’t take the three ingredients separately as I do.
Benefits of L-Carnosine:
Besides wiping out the amyloid plaque in your brain and being one of the best antioxidants, L-carnosine also can
- reverse the signs of aging in senescent cells,
- increase cell life,
- increase life expectancy, and
- “throttle up or down” a body process as needed, like blood clotting.
However, as Barron wrote, “As important as carnosine is, there is a gap in its usefulness called lipofuscin. Lipofuscin is the pigment commonly found in aging brains and in other tissue such as the skin (think liver spots).
By itself, lipofuscin is not harmful. … However, if enough of it accumulates over time (and this process is accelerated when you supplement with carnosine), it can interfere with proper cellular and organ functions. So, the bottom line is that however it is produced (as a result of protein damage, or as the result of taking sacrificial carnosine to prevent protein damage), you want to minimize it” (Jon Barron, End of Old Age, p.20).
And he did in his formula, with DMAE and Acetyl L-carnitine.
Some Benefits of DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol):
- It flushes accumulated lipofuscin from your body—from the neurons in your brain, from your skin, and all other organs.
- It can Increase both acetylcholine levels and RNA levels in the brain.
- Increases intelligence
- Stimulate mental activity
- Increase attention span
- Increase alertness
- Improve learning and memory
- Increase energy levels
- Elevate mood in general
- Induce sounder sleep
Some Benefits of Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR):
“Although your body can synthesize L-carnitine in the liver, it depends on outside sources (meat being a primary source) to fulfill its requirements. This can present a problem for vegetarians since L-carnitine performs several key functions in the human body” (p.23).
- It improves alertness in Alzheimer’s patients.
- It improves attention span.
- It increases short-term memory.
- It seems to play a major role in preventing and/or minimizing the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
- It retards the decline in the number of dopamine receptors that occurs as part of the normal aging process and (more rapidly) with the onset of Parkinson’s disease. Many researchers believe that Parkinson’s may be caused by a deficiency of dopamine.
- It inhibits tremors.
- It may even play a role in helping with MS.
- ALCAR inhibits (and possibly reverses) the degeneration of myelin sheaths.
- It improves learning ability along with both short-term and long-term memory.
- Most of all, ALCAR just helps slow down the aging process of the brain.
How Should I Take the Powders?
If you choose to take the powders, you’ll have to do the math to get the right portions of each powder. Another idea is to buy Barron’s recommended alternative made by Life Extension. I bought Ever Young when it was still available, but have been taking powders longer than that.
(Once again, WP has deleted several paragraphs. It won’t be long before I wave them goodbye forever.)